We are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Appointments & Test Drives available 7 Days a week.
Tickenham Garage Car Sales is a second hand used car dealership based just outside of Bristol, 2 minutes from Nailsea. We have have grown organically since 2012 and are continually growing each year. We are not a car supermarket, we are an independent customer focussed second hand car dealership who put you, the customer, at the heart of what we do.
What do we offer?
We retail most major brands and if we don’t have what you are looking for in stock, the chances are we can source it for you within a very short space of time. Common brands that we retail used cars for are VW, Audi, BMW, Ford, Vauxhall, Mercedes and Skoda.
Based at Tickenham Garage near to Nailsea and Clevedon, our aim is to ensure that every customer that meets us has a purchasing experience to remember and one that gives our industry and extemporary reputation. Check out our latest testimonials here.
Who are we?
Thomas James is an experienced Vehicle Technician and the Director & Owner of Tickenham Garage. As such, Tom has a wealth of experience in purchasing vehicles that are of the very highest quality and of mechanical perfection. Tom can advise customers on their next purchase, ensuring that the car you want is right for you.
Sam Hughes spent many years working with international blue chip companies before entering the motor trade. He was previously a customer service & sales trainer covering UK, Irelenad end Europe. Sam’s experience ensures the customer experience for all is the very best journey from start to finish.
Check out our reviews online to see what our customers say about us, we are pleased to have a 5 star, 100% positive feedback, track record on Auto Trader and continually maintaining this.
How we work
We don’t have huge overheads like other dealerships, therefore we are able to offer all our stock at very competitive prices. You won’t be dealing with any sales people that are on commission, just us, the owners, who’s aim is to maintain our reputation and continue to our company. We love to work on an appointment basis to ensure that you get the attention that you require when purchasing a second hand car, therefore, please get in touch if you would like to come and test drive any of our vehicles.
TGCS is a privately owned second hand car garage and are therefore able to be very flexible to customer requirements. We will gladly take the opportunity to speak to anyone looking to make their next vehicle purchase. This could be a £1000 car or a £25,000 car. No matter what the price, we are here to help.
Purchasing from us
Were certain that you will have a pleasant and refreshing experience with us – here are some common FAQ’s
- What payment methods do you accept?
We Accept Debit Cards, Bank Transfer & Cash. Please note, Credit cards can only be used to pay your deposit and not the remainder of the balance. Unfortunately, we will not accept cash amounts over £9000 in order to comply with money laundering regulations within the EU. We also provide finance options, find out more on the finance section
- Can I take the car away the same day? Depending on the time and day, we will not release a car until a full PDI has been completed on the vehicle, this is to ensure that the vehicle is 100% safe for you. We understand that buying a new car can be exciting and that you would like it as soon as possible, we will do our very best to have it ready for you as quickly as possible. If it is important to take away your new car the same day, please let us know prior to viewing so that we can work with you to make this happen.
- Do you accept cheque? Yes, however we need to wait for 10 days for the money to securely land in our account. We will also require photographic ID which matches the name on the cheque book.
- Will you offer a test drive out of hours? Absolutely, give us a call and we can arrange this. Booking an appointment is easy, use our contact page or give us a call.
- Can I look under the vehicle myself? Of course, you will be accompanied by our Workshop Manager who will be able to take you around and under the vehicle. Please note that this will need to be booked into our diary unless we have a space when you visit. We usually require 24 hours notice to book this into the workshop.
- Is it ok to order an independent inspection? Yes, certainly, please ensure they book in with us first so that we can ensure we have the space to accommodate this. We are very used to having our cars inspected by the AA, RAC and independent inspectors.
- You don’t have the car that I want right now, can you help me find one? YES! We love to do this, this means we will search the market for your perfect car. Please contact us to complete a “Find me a car” form.
At 6.25pm on Friday 22nd April 2022, one man stole a Ford Transit Motorhome, Roller Team, Auto Roller 200. The vehicle was seen to be driving in the direction of Bristol shortly after. There is one man that we would
At last! We are pleased to confirm that we are opening again for test drives on the 12th April 2021. Following guidelines and operating a strong covid process throughout the business, we are excited to welcome customers back to Tickenham
Here at Tickenham Garage Car Sales we are extremely excited to announce that we are now offering Approved Used cars from our garage in North Somerset, just outside of Nailsea and Clevedon. Approved Used has historically only been available at
From the beginning of May 2020, Tickenham Garage has been COVID Secure. This means when you visit us, you can be sure that we will do our very best to keep customers and staff safe. All cars are sanitised after
From Wednesday 6th May 2020 Tickenham Garage Car Sales will be offering a “Click and collect” service for all customers. This helps you to be able to buy your next car, complete all the paperwork remotely and collect your car
Tickenham Garage, an award winning independent used car sales dealership on the outskirts of Bristol advise how they are assisting customers during the COVID-19 pandemic. During the lockdown period, Tickenham Garage are still open for vehicle servicing, MOT’s and urgent